- Latest Release 2019 “Strings & Reeds – Duo w Chris Balding
- Winner of the Regional Blues Challenge for the North Central Florida Blues Society 2019
- As a Band Two CDs “All I had Was Gone” (2013) and “Rooted in the Blues”(2014
- Performed alongside Albert Castiglia (Junior Wells guitarist), Les Dudek (Allman Brother & Steve Miller Band), The Kat Riggins Band, Bill Wharton (“The Sauce Boss”) and Joel Dasilva
- Brett has opened for Tab Benoit, Tinsley Ellis, Elle King and Guitar Shorty
- Scheduled to open for Tab Benoit in 2020
Brett Wellman has been performing music for audiences for the past 41 years! Beginning on violin at the age of 5, he would perform up and down the East coast of the US as part of a group that, in 1985, spent two weeks touring Western Europe.
Brett discovered his love of blues as a teenager, while as a DJ at a radio station, which set the course for his future. Brett performs as a solo artist, as part of a duo, and also as the leader of his Chicago-style band, Brett Wellman & The Stone Cold Blues Band. Brett has had the honor of performing at clubs throughout the South East US, has opened shows for Tab Benoit, Tinsley Ellis, Guitar Shorty and Elle King, and jammed with Albert Castiglia (Junior Wells guitarist), Les Dudek (Allman Brother & Steve Miller Band), The Kat Riggins Band and Joel Dasilva.
Brett also owned a music studio in Tallahassee for 5 years called Music Lessons Express. He employed 30 instructors, teaching over 250 students, on all instruments. His philosophy is that anyone can learn to play an instrument, no matter what age.
Since March 2017, Brett has hosted a weekly blues jam on Thursday nights in Tallahassee at Dreamland BBQ. Each week, people show up to perform and learn new songs and techniques. Some nights have had 25 performers! The rule of the jam is “any age, any instrument, any skill level”. It’s a part of Brett’s philosophy of giving back to the community through music.
- Long Bio
Anne Bello, TA1451
Anne Bello Productions, LLC
Booking @ AnneBelloProductions.com
tallyblues @ gmail.com
Brett Wellman and The Stone Cold: Brett Wellman, Guitar and Vocals, Chris Balding, Harmonica and Vocals
Brett Wellman and the Stone Cold Band: Brett Wellman, Guitar/Vocals, Chris Balding, Harmonica/Vocals, “Dangerous” Dave Messler, Bass/Vocals, Jas Sherman – Drier, Drummer